The VERITAS Lecture Series 15 was entitled ESG for the Built Environment, it centered strategy development for the real estate and construction sector, with a memorandum of understanding signed between 27 Group and VERITAS Design Group, signifying a strategic alliance between both groups to engage in SESG consulting services for the built environment sector.
The event was a resounding success with speakers from the real estate sector, construction industry, and environmental bodies coming together to debate practices and policies for creating a better ESG dynamic within Malaysian business operations. We heard from Sr. Ahmad Farrin Mohktar, Senior Manager of Policy of Construction Industry Development Board, Mr. Faroze Nadar, Executive Director of the United Nations Global Compact for Malaysia and Brunei, Dr. Gary Theseira, Chairperson of Climate Governance Malaysian and Datuk N.K. Tong, President of Real Esate and the Housing Developers' Association Malaysia.
The panel moderation session was moderated by David Mizan Hashim, Group President of VERITAS which brought together all panel speakers for engaging in the discussion of these vital topics and looks forward to greater opportunities for the adoption of ESG practices within the Malaysian business community.
Download the speakers' slides:
- Girish Ramachandran, Executive Direrctor of 27 Advisory and 27 Group - Sustainability and ESG Planning For Built Environment
- Dr Gary Theseira, Council Member of Climate Governance Malaysia - Climate Change and the Built Environment - Seeing Big Picture Opportunities in Local ESG Challenges
- Sr. Ahmad Farrin Mokhtar, Senior General Manager of Policy and Corporate Sector of Construction Industry Development Board - CIDB_s Initiatives In Making The Construction Industry More Sustainable and Productive Through ESG
- Ir. Ahmad Izdihar bin Supaat, Past President of Malaysian Green Building Council - Towards Net Zero - malaysiaGBC Carbon Score
- Choong Wai Hong, Chief Transformation Officer of OCBC Bank Malaysia - Climate Resilience and Sustainable Financing
- Datuk NK Tong, President of Real Estate and Housing Developer_s Association - ESG_ Remember To Look Under The Hood
- Mohd Razif Mohd Yusoff, Head of Safety and Sustainability of Sime Darby Property Bhd - Towards A Sustainable Township - Beyond The Bricks and Mortar
- Raymon Ram, Secretary General of Transparency International - Business Integrity Management As A Core Antecedent To Our National Anti-corruption Efforts
- Faroze Nadar, Executive Director of UN Global Compact Network Malaysia and Brunei - Rise of Sustainable Trade